There is one universal gesture that we all see through the holiday season. The toast. Be it to health, or family, or friends the majority of us will be lifting a glass this holiday season in honor of something. So we put together a list of our favorite sodas and spirits that we feel will add to your holiday cheer!
From wholesome to hooch, here’s what we recommend.
- Beer – Easy. Weissbier, sitting in the biergarten on the Neckar river in Tüebingen
- Wine – Easy too. It’s gotta be from home. Owen Roe’s Sharecropper’s Pinot Noir, 2011
- Soda – Is this Seltzer water? Goes well in mixed drinks
- Spirits – Breckenridge Bourbon, neat.
- Cocktail – “After a bike ride in the summer Margarita”
1 part Tequila, 1/2 part Grand Marnier, 1/2 part freshly squeezed lime juice
Muddle 3 lime slices in a short cocktail glass, add ice. In a shaker combine ingredients and crushed ice. Shake and pour. Oh yeah, salt the rim if your sodium deficient from the bike ride.
- Beer – New Belgium Sunshine Wheat
- Wine – Our Daily Red, Orleans Hill Winery
- Soda – Vernors Ginger Ale
- Spirits – Woodford Reserve Kentucky Bourbon
- Cocktail – Caipirinha
1 lime, 2oz of Cachaca(Brazilian Rum), Sugar to taste, ice cubes
Cut lime into quarters, place in glass. Sprinkle with sugar and crush/muddle for 5 sec. Add the Cachaca and stir to mix. Add ice and stir again. Enjoy!
- Beer – Any variety of Chimay
- Spirits – Johnny Walker Green Label
- Cocktail – Knob & Nog
Knob Creek Whiskey and egg nog
Add about a shot to your favorite glass of egg nog.
- Beer – Oskar Blues Old Chub
- Wine – Inniskillin Ice Wine
- Soda – Virgil’s Root Beer
- Spirits – Breckenridge Bourbon, rocks
- Cocktail – Old Fashioned
1 shot of bourbon, 1 sugar cube, 2 dashes of bitters, Splash of soda water
Place sugar cube in glass and saturate with bitters. Add a dash of soda water. Muddle until dissolved. Fill glass with ice cubes and liquor. Garnish with orange slice, lemon and a couple maraschino cherries.
Share your favorites in the comments below. Have a happy holiday season.